Thursday 4 March 2010

UK Chess challenge event - 20 March

Take part in the UK’s largest chess competition!

Shropshire Junior Chess Academy is holding a qualifying event for the UK Chess Challenge on Sat 20 March at Trinity School, Butts Lane, Ford, Shropshire, with the kind permission of the head teacher.

The event is a major national competition that attracts around 70,000 children each year. Those who take part in the Shropshire event on 20 March have the chance to qualify for a regional Megafinal in Herefordshire in May. And beyond that there is a Gigafinal and even a Terrafinal to find the champion of champions!

Entry fee £3.

To enter, simply complete the details on the attached document and send by email or post or if you’ve left it to the last minute, you can even telephone.

1 comment:

G. Ames said...

Jenny Skidmore is the current scholastic coordinator for the Michigan Chess Association. In recent years, I have organized our major scholastic events and hold a senior TD card. I have many private students whom I have nick-named “J” Force. These players won the K-8 section of the club tournament in 2009 and were the team leaders on school teams who 4 state championship titles in 2010. Additionally, I am an active player and rated 1950 USCF. I have won 10 Michigan Women’s championships, I am the current Michigan Amateur champion, I am a former Michigan Junior champion, and I twice represented the US at World Youth championships in Singapore and Germany.